Following the successful event last year all families are invited to join in the fun at Beaver Sailing Club on Friday 1st June and Saturday 2nd June 2018.
We will be organising activities on and off the water for all age groups, sailing abilities. Families are encouraged to camp as we will be lighting the BBQ in the evenings and so bring a bottle and a steak!
It will be ran on a communal basis where parents / guardians will need to join in, run activities and support the proceedings.
Please let Mark and Elspeth Timmans know if you can join in the fun via email or via 07786 967 927
Dear Members and Guests,
You are formally invited to our inaugural Family Camp, to be held at Beaver Sailing Club Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd June 2018.
Come and join the fun!
On the theme “Swallows and Amazons for ever!”, the fun starts at 10:00am Friday 1st June and continues on till Sunday Racing.
- Friday – on the water activities and coaching for the youngsters, followed by a BBQ, games, film, dancing, (and a few beers).
- Saturday – mini Junior Regatta followed by “Water Awareness (swimming)” activities and another BBQ party into the night.
- Sunday – a junior race before the main club racing.Camp overnight if you can – it’s an adventure! If you don’t want to camp, come and party long into the night.
The small print
This is not a RYA affiliated event. It is restricted to BSC members and their invited guests. Members will be responsible for their children / guests at all times.
It is being organised on a collaborative basis – adults must get involved, make suggestions and run activities. Parents will not be able to drop off and leave unless they can arrange for someone else to supervise their children and play their part.
The ethos of the camp will be to
- Get involved as a family and make a difference
- Join in, try your hardest and make friends
- Respect Beaver Sailing Club, the equipment and others
- Have fun!
What should each family bring?
Ideas – We need lots of suggestions for games and activities. Think about things everyone can do during the:
- day (on and off the water)
- party games
No food provided, please bring your own
We will be firing up the club BBQ each evening for you to use.
You are free to use the club facilities and kitchen.
Loads of sailing gear as we will all be getting wet.
Costs (To be confirmed)
£5 per person per day (Members, Guests and children) (to cover Beaver SC costs)
Non Members – £15 per day
Use of club boats – £10 per day
We hope that you can join us and enjoy all that Beaver SC can offer.
Please let me know that you are coming along with how many will be in your party.
Mark & Elspeth Timmans – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07786 967 927